Monday, August 06, 2007

My first camping trip

The summer of 2007, I went on my first camping trip. The day before the camping started, I went to my firend Candace's house for a sleepover. The next morning we'll just go with them. During that night we played "uno" until bedtime. When it was 12:30 a.m, we slept. At 6:00 a.m we woke up to play uno. Eventually we both decided to watch a movie. I let Candance pick which movie we should watch . She decided "Blades of Glory." After the movie was over and finished breakfast, we entertained ourselves with uno again. Approximitly at 10 we left. As we were getting closer to the camp, I saw a lake,, a farm with horses and the next thing I knew was that we were at my campsite. It was called Camp Aquehonga and my troop were at site eleven. My mom and Candance's daddropped my things and said bye. Then we all have to adjust the campsite. We plotted fire buckets near the tents. Our senior patrol leader said theat we should change into our swimming suits because we had to take a swimming test. It was a bit of a long walk to the pool and then a staff told us that we are last to take the test so we decided to head back to camp. We did some random stuff and then headed back to the pool and changed. During the middle of waiting, it started raining. Soon I was in and it stopped raining. I took the swimmers test and failed it beccause of the last lap which was the back stroke. When the whole troop was done, we got food to cook and went to the camp. After the dinner we had we had a welcome assebly. We saw skits and heard songs. At that time it was very late. When we approached our base I went to sleep.

Day two:At 6:20 in the morningwe were waking up . It was freezing when we woke up. I wore my warmest clothes. Thenwe had to get food which the golfors got. After cooking and eating, I was KP, I cleaned the dishes.

We went to our first class. Mine was basketry and most peoples in my troop went there too. THe staff told us how to weave the baskets and then we traveled to the canteen to buy our first basket kit. It was a round one and pretty easy to weave. It was so much fun that I wished I could do it forever. However time was up and time for me to go to mammal study . After the lame intro, we got to the main point. I learned that all mammals have seven characteristics. They are:live birth, high IQ, they raise their young, produce milk , vertebrates, breathe aerobic air, and they all have fur of hair. I was seriously interested in this class. I had to transfer to my new class which was cooking. I had second thoughts about this class but I tried to be interested in this calss. Next was lunch. After the meal was leatherwork. The staff gave us all leather and we would use stamps and pound them in. After thatwe went swimming. THey had a water slide. Iwent so fast that I didn't see anything.When we finished dinner, some kids like me had to go to astronomy or other classes. I learned some new stuff. Then at 9:30 p.m, my friends and I went to look at stars for astromy. The guide was speaking but it was freezing cold that I couldn't concentrate. Class ended and I went to sleep. The next day was the same. Consequently on Wednesday was my lucky day. I dfid the swimmer's test and I passed thanks to Mr. Becker who helped me on the back stroke. THen my friends showed me a place where we go catch frogs. WE had a great time and we caught three frogs intotal. Also dinner was a barbeque. I was so joyful for that day. Thursday, I asked my friend Thomas to go frog catching three forgs intotal. We let them go adn I finished my mammal study report. On Friday the conductor of the mammal study class said I wrote like a high school kid. Also my friends and I went kayaking. It was extreme fun. THe whol camp came to watch a assembly to watch skits and hear songs. My troop went to do a skit . Soon it was over. Saturday we packed up and we left.
I want to come back next year. It was a great experience for me. I came with the mammal study merit badge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home